Model 6634C with single ended PE accelerometer input
I am trying to use a Single Ended PE accelerometer, model 2248, as an input to the 6634C amplifier and there are no details in the instruction manual for this input.
Using a Single Ended Piezoelectric (SEPE) accelerometer is considered one of the basic inputs for this amplifier. The below steps will help to configure the unit for this input type:
- If the internal jumpers have not been changed from the default positions, the amplifier is ready to accept the input from the accelerometer.
- If the default settings have been changed, please use (Figure 1) to reconfigure them to the default positions.
- Take time to verify these settings before connecting the SEPE unit. (This verification requires removal of the top cover to gain access to the unit's motherboard.) Simply remove the 4 screws from the top cover of the amplifier. Slip off the top cover to expose the motherboard and the jumper settings: (Figure 1) shows the default settings of each jumper. (Figure 2) shows the locations of each jumper on the motherboard. After verification/adjustment of the jumpers to the default positions, reinstall the cover and secure the screws.
- The rear panel of the 6643C amplifier (Figure 3) has a standard BNC input for SEPE accelerometers. The model 2248 comes with a standard accessory cable, model 3075M6 (see Figure 4), which has 10-32 connectors on each end. To connect this cable to the BNC input of the amplifier requires a special adapter; model EJ21 – as shown in (Figure 5).
- Connect the EJ21 and the 3075M6 cable together and connect them to the 6634C SEPE BNC connector.
- Apply power to the 6634C. Press the "Input Type" until the LED display "SEPE". See (Figure 6)
- Continue to configure the other necessary parameters on the keypad until all setups have been entered. Reference IM6634C for additional details for configuring the settings for the amplifier.